Content marketing as a marketing strategy can be valuable to educate the targeted audience and help them get excited about the business. It is also a good way to stay in touch with and re-engage existing customers.
Content marketing is a scalable way to bring in customers and potential customers to the site via each of these stages. One can create content that targets those in the awareness, consideration, or purchase phase. As long as the content is optimized and provides what the audience is looking for, it has the potential to continue to bring in potential customers long after it’s been created.
Content pulls the audience in and encourages them to reach out to a company for more information on their product or service. An online user goes through all the stages of the customer funnel before making a purchasing decision. Content marketing allows a business to reach a user during any stage of the buying process.
There are many different ways to get started with content marketing. A content strategy might include some or all of the following:
- Posting regularly to a blog. This can help you connect with customers and potential customers at any stage of the customer journey.
- Downloadable content (ebooks, templates). Gated downloadable content can work well to attract prospects at the top or middle of the funnel.
- Rich media (videos and podcasts). Rich media is a popular way to interact with your target audience and can be used across many marketing strategies, including SEO, social, and PPC strategies.
- Webinars. Webinars can help educate your target audience and form a deeper, more personal connection with customers.
- Interactive tools. Interactive tools can showcase what your product has to offer, or simply serve as a way to engage your target market.
- Emails. Emails help companies regularly re-engage their customers and prospects who have expressed interest in their content or business.
- Landing pages. Good landing page content can be crucial to helping site visitors understand your product or service, see the value, and want to learn more.