Powerful Digital Marketing Statistics and Facts for 2021
Ever came across the word “Digital” with the term attached as “Marketing”? Technology has it all embedded in being the most powerful tool used by every successful business on creating their space digitally.
According to GlobalData, brands are relying on digital marketing now more than ever before. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, future estimation of the Indian e-commerce market is shifting to ₹7 trillion by 2023.
Therefore, you must stay footed on the new advancements in this sector, unsure of the best key marketing statistics.
I’ve doted down a list of some crucial strategies and facts focusing on the latest trends on how to keep your business achieving its targeted goals:
10 Most Powerful Marketing Statistics for 2021
- SEO Statistics
- Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Mobile Commerce Statistics
- Email Marketing Statistics
- Content Marketing Statistics
- Voice Search Optimization Statistics
- Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics
Resources and additional information about digital marketing statistics are included right at the mid-bottom of this article. To keep learning more about what we’ve covered, stay affix until the end of the column.
Before getting started, let’s have a quick glim:
What Is Digital Marketing?
“Did you know there are more than 3.9 billion internet users, 2.1 billion Facebook users, and 1.3 billion websites end users in the world and yet calculating”
Digital marketing is a medium used for promoting digital services to convey better marketing campaigns, right from the computer, tablets, phones or other devices. It includes various forms like Social media posts, online videos, display ads, online selling, etc.
Although, it is popularly known as the online marketing industry; A hub that keeps its customers attracted and connected to its brands. This communication digitally with the help of email, social media, multimedia text and web-based advertising is known as digital marketing.
So now that you have a better understanding of what digital marketing is and still wondering about the efficiency and benefits of your business marketing. Advantages will help you clear it out.
Advantages of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
Gone are the days of promoting business and reaching an audience offline. Through a way of traditional print, broadcast, telemarketing or direct mail services to expand your reach, regardless of the type of company one holds, may it be a service industry or app development company. Digital marketing is immensely suitable to achieve any number of subscribers over the way of traditional marketing. Listed below are some of them:
- Targeting Specific Global Audience: The world is now gradually turning into a global village, thanks to digitalization for creating these opportunities. Marketing is easier than ever in segmenting a specific set of buyers. We can access an individual’s online activity and track their demographic records. Thus, digital marketers can bucket this information to offer particular products and services. For instance, once each visitor clicks on a brand display ad, whether on social media or through a search engine, the brand can target visitors’ future online behaviour with positive reinforcement, making shopping easier.
You can also keep the customer gripped with special offers and discounts during their buying journey. For example, email marketing can be the right lead to reach the purchasing page.
An advanced digital marketing tool can make this possible. Let me explain how this works: When a visitant fills out a form online, they add in a few personal details. Some companies using cookies track the user’s behaviour on the page, with the help of these details, a company or digital marketers disintegrate the right strategy for different types of audiences.
2. Lower cost: Advertising and marketing through digital can cost you a reasonable budget, whereas for some startup businesses may lead to financial burdens. Therefore big investors may spend millions and not face many troubles, but a nightmare experience and an obstacle for other growing companies. Marketing via the digital segment offers tremendous effects on cost-cutting. It is much more affordable than the traditional way of marketing.
Furthermore, it also gives you a well-structured return on investment (ROI) with minimal investment.
3. Reach Brand Credibility: Gaining brand credibility quickly and sustainably is super quick via the internet. Most studies show digitally active brands have the most credibility. Companies use content to address customers’ doubts, uncleared issues and concepts that can improve the market movement.
Providing compelling content drives customers’ trust as well as experts performance’ of a company’s service. But how do you know if your brand has gained credibility? Well, one way to find ranking is through the organic search engine results page (SERP). Your content is your market reference that ranks at the top of Google, for instance. These results build confidence in your product that will eventually attract stakeholders to your company.
Having a high-quality content blog can establish your brand subject matter. Sharing your company insights is highly recommended to captivate your targeted run.
The ultimate top 10 Most Powerful Marketing Statistics for 2021
Digital marketing provides lots of information that you can focus on, but sometimes focusing on too many details becomes quite overwhelming. Not to mention how the receiving end promotional material feels, what people want – and what they don’t.
We’ve organized this imposing list of digital marketing statistics and facts for the opportunities your business could do.
1. SEO Statistics:
93% of all online research information starts by a search engine, while 15% of searches are new to google.
Search engine optimization is sometimes mistaken, It isn’t only a ranking tool or competing with existing terms. With billions of research every single day. SEO is also about getting found among the new terms already popular.
How does the internet rank your new term?
Here comes Google’s algorithm BERT.
The super, longer name Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers. BERT “is a transformer-based machine technique used for learning natural language processing (NLP) pre-training by Google.”
In simpler words, BERT reads the context and intent of the words in a series. So once you write a matter to educate on a specific topic, BRET recognizes your work and rewards you for the same.
There are no secrets attached apart from “hacking” the BRET algorithm. The key option is to write like a human.
Google now processes worldwide 1.2 trillion searches per year, and still counting:
Customers are searching and repeatedly searching.
Similarly, consumers are now more online-driven than ever before. 70% of their purchasing reaches online before converting into a sales conversation.
Ranking well in SEO smitten your buyers, reaching their destination without learning about your terms.
An Extensive search engine brings you the power of making sure your business appears first among those 2+ trillion web searches.
Google uses more than 200 factors of the search algorithm to rank your website:
Google keeps it mysterious to itself about what and exactly how they rank. Emerging SEO experts in the world are keeping a record (and listing them more than once) to point out the magic of SERP ranking.
Backlinko has done a great job keeping up-to-date with far-reaching information.
Did you know: Every query on, average, has to travel 1,500 miles to a data centre and return to answer the user.
2. Social Media Marketing:
Social media has changed our life designing a new way of living. From the way of receiving news to communicating with our loved ones. Social media is up for everything. It’s inevitable, powerful and will remain with us forever.
Since 2004, social media has been rapidly growing and hasn’t reached a point of total popularity yet. There’s no denying that social media is a stage for news and other programs, but it’s a unique platform created in a way to interact beyond social and local boundaries.
Here is a list of tactics. So you know where to invest and improve your sales.
Social media marketing:
- Recent statistics show that there are 3.78 billion social media users worldwide in 2021. (Oberlo)
- In 2020, 1.3 million new users joined social media. (Hootsuite)
- On average, people spend nearly two hours and 38 minutes daily on social media. (World Economic Forum)
- In 2015, 71% usage among teens claimed to use Facebook, while the number has gradually reduced to 67%. (WorldWebIndex)
- Video ads drive the most clicks on Facebook. (DataBox)
- Whether you like it or not, Facebook has a minimum of 500 million views daily. (TechCrunch)
- Twitter in 2019 had monthly more than 330 active million users. (Twitter)
- 2020, bought Twitter $936 million in revenue. (Twitter)
- Tweets with hashtags lead to 100% more engagement. (Twitter)
For more details on Twitter marketing, refer to the ultimate guide.
- To make Instagram stories interestingly engaging, add questions, polls, fun stickers or music to make your content unique.
- Marketers revealed Instagram is the most influential platform. With 98% marketing influencers, that’s 44% higher than Facebook. (sprout social)
- Studies showed that 83% of people use Instagram to discover new products and services, 65% visit the brands’ website or app, and 46% made an online or offline purchase. (Facebook For Business)
- LinkedIn is covered by 722 million active users in more than 200 countries. (LinkedIn)
- Nearly 57 million businesses and 120,000 schools hold their account on LinkedIn. (Business of apps)
- LinkedIn says over 100 million job applications get posted each month. (Business of apps)
- YouTube ranks second-largest search engine globally. (Alexa)
- According to the fact, youtube is popularly known for business content videos. (Buffer)
- 57% of people want or search for marketers that share videos related to their business. (Hub stop)
3. Mobile Commerce Statistics:
The demand for social media mobile content is rapidly increasing. 91% of users access social media via mobile devices. The growth of smartphones and social media is equally evolving, so these mobile-friendly interfaces are the right path to market online with mobile optimization. And why not? When people carry their mobiles everywhere, if you want to be accessible, you need to keep this in mind.
- People spend more than 3.5 hours behind their mobile devices. (eMarket)
- The global web traffic scores 54.8% of mobile traffic. (Oberlo)
- 69% of people avoid reviews from in-store employees and prefer to check reviews online.
- China has 911 million smartphone users in the home, that’s double of second-placed India. (Newzoo)
4. Email Marketing Statistics:
Email marketing is a tool used to promote products and services, not just barring but, also to maintain and develop a close business relationship with current potential customers. It’s the most co-effective and conversion-rich form of digital marketing to date. Email marketing persisted for years, and now it’s traditionally gifted that reaches people 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Some businesses have believed the false notion that customers don’t like to be approached via email, and this medium isn’t as effective as other strategies. But, the recent statistics proved it anyway. In 2018 alone, a minimum of 281 billion emails were sent and received daily. These studies may show an increase to 347 billion by 2022, proving email marketing is the best way to approach your audience.
- In the year 2019, 293.6 billion emails were sent and received per day. These statistics will increase by 347.3 billion daily emails by 2022. (Oberlo)
- Email marketing will give you return on investment (ROI) benefits for every $1 you spend on emails, which will gain you a $42 average return. (DMA)
- Email marketing benefits businesses from paid collaborations that offer content distribution.
- There are 4 billion email users. 40% of marketers saw budget cuts since the pandemic.
- 35% of email marketers send their customers a minimum of 3-5 emails daily.
- Small businesses use 64% of email marketing to reach their customers. (Hubspot)
5. Content Marketing Statistics:
Content marketing is another type of marketing that includes the creation and sharing of online tools. Such as (blogs, videos and social media posts) This may not specifically promote a brand but creates interest in its products and services. Content marketing mainly focuses on creating content, publishing, and distributing it to targeted brands online.
To bring you the most recent data, we surveyed from Semrush Blog. That studied over 1,500 marketers from various countries and analyzed nearly 17,000 content marketing positions on the highest active job posting sites. Rounding up all below are some statistics we marked.
- Content marketing is becoming more effective since the beginning of the pandemic. However, only 11% evaluate performance as excellent. 70% of organizations believed their content writing results were more successful in 2020 Comparatively to the previous year.
- Content marketing teams generally consist of small groups minimum of 1-3, though these teams look small but are powerfully built by content writers, SEO specialists, and content strategists.
- The most dynamic form of content remains blog writing. Blog posts continue to flourish, concentrating on the intent that most organizations generate to attract organic traffic.
6. Voice Search Optimization Statistics:
The digital world is gradually changing our daily online activities. The internet research, the launch of speakers, google assistants and other voice-enabled devices are increasing its rapid rise in popularity, allowing consumers access to complex and accurate searches.
In 2011, Google introduced the voice search command, which was more of a novelty than a feature people used. However, improvements in search engine voice search bought the thrust to the forefront of search marketing. Current statistics show a spike of 41% of adults using voice search at least once per day.
- In 2019, e-Marketers foretold that a third of the U.S population (111.8 million people) used a voice search assistant monthly., a 9.5% hike since 2018.
- 24% of U.S. grown-ups hold a speaker in 2020.
- 71% of consumers prefer a voice search command over searching for something online instead of physically searching for something.
- A Least 10% are unfamiliar with voice-enabled devices.
- Abode Analytics surveyed, the most common type of voice search on the smart speaker is music (70%), and the weather forecast (64%), resulting in fun questions (53%), online search (47%), news (46%), Google maps (34%).
7. Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics:
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the essential step for any business that markets digitally. This step engages customers to take action by increasing the percentage of web traffic taking actions such as signing up for your email list or purchasing a product.
Therefore, some improvements in conversion form can result in 1% to 2% of increased sales to boost your revenue.
- A good website’s conversion rate is 2.35%. So if you are lying between 2-3% still, it’s a mark to carry on, as it’s the average conversion rate across all industries.
- Page landing optimization is the best tool to advance your conversion rate because this can produce more than 220% leads. Accordingly, videos are another way that will increase the conversion rate by 86%.
- SEO conversion rate comes into the calculation when you rank first on Google search, that’s nearer to a 30% click-through rate (CRT). And if you rank third, you drop by 10%, and go below 2% and so on.
Since digital marketing is ever-changing and improving, you must stay up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies.
I hope this information will give you some extra squeezed points and insights into the digital marketing world. Following the above details will surely drive your business some extra miles with the curves you pass-take besides your competitors.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Importance Of Digital Marketing Statistics?
We have already covered the advantages and importance of digital marketing in this article. But to brush up your knowledge, here are the major takeaways:
- It’s cost-effective, allowing you to set your budget.
- Digital marketing tracks your viewers and gives you measurable results.
- Operating a business online. And reaching a global audience.
- Quality content is your marketing weapon, so use it smartly.
- Choose your way. Your social mediums, your technique, your strategies, and watch the results.
Careers In Digital Marketing?
The most popular career options boomed during the Covid-19 pandemic that almost every business tried creating an online presence. And the growing needs brought in the popularity of digital marketing.
The digital marketing industry has shown great potential in the growing trend of business digitizing. This field posted itself as a sector with vital employment opportunities and a need for professionalism.
Here is a list of some popular career options in digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM).
- Search Engine Marketer (SEM).
- Digital Agency Account Manager.
- Web Developer and Web Designer.
- Content Writer.
- Junior content writer.
- Senior content writer.
- Content strategist.